Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My First Ipsy Bag! October Ipsy Unbagging

After what seemed like forever since signing up, I finally got my first Ipsy bag in the mail on Friday! I think it's too early to tell if I'm a huge fan of the subscription, but I did like what I received in this month's bag. 


The bag itself is so-so. It doesn't feel cheap, but it definitely isn't something I'll use. I do like the added touch of having a bag, unlike a box like Birchbox. I didn't see a card that told me what anything was, which is what I like about getting Birchbox. Birchbox lists everything you get on a card and how much a full size costs. 


Starlooks Lip Gloss - I'm not a fan of pigmented lip glosses only because I don't wear them. If I'm wearing a gloss I tend to not really wear a color because the gloss is in place of lipstick. So if I'm going to wear color, I'm wearing a lipstick.

Albertini Warm Love Exfoliating Pumpkin Mask - I've tried this already and I do like it. This smells like pumpkin and the exfoliate isn't over the top. This might be my stand out product and I wish it were just a bit bigger.

Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser - I have a problem with cleansers, meaning I have too many. I like that it's a gel because sometimes thick foaming cleansers are drying. I also like that this is small because I've used up most of my travel sized cleansers. I'll probably use this to try it out and then save it for my next trip to NH for the holidays.

Figs & Rouge Rose Berry Hand Cream - I also have a problem with hand creams and I need to use some up. This is a little watery in consistency so it might just get saved for my purse or the summer when I don't need much moisture. I was bummed that I didn't get the mango scent when I was watching Coffee Break With Dani, until she described hers as smelling like an ugly mango. Mine smells quite nice.

Skone Tattooed Waterproof Eyeliner - I'm not jazzed about this only because I can't even remember the last time I even used eyeliner on my top lid. I've been strictly a waterliner for quite some time now. Maybe that means I need to try it. It's a felt tip pen and I'm not used to those anymore so I might just wear it around the house to test the wear.

All in all, the bag was okay. I don't really have anything to compare it to since it was my first one, but I guess I'll see how I feel about it next month!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be interested to see what your next one contained. I think Ipsy is very hit or miss, while Birchbox is usually relatively consistent. And it's funny, this is one of the few Ipsy bags I have that I really like! I do wish it was a little wider, though, so I could fit a makeup brush in it or something.

    ReplyDelete