Friday, October 3, 2014

Lips of the Month - September

Here's my monthly lipstick post. I don't tend to wear lipstick every day, just the days I work. Since I've been working a shift in the kitchen, I've been wearing a lighter or nuder color to plow through my collection. It doesn't make sense to have colors that I don't wear, but I prefer bolder lips when I'm bartending. I'm going to try wearing something on my lips on some of my days off too when I'm out and about because I've been starting to hoard non MAC lip colors lately.

Lady at Play, Speak Louder, Toying Around, Candy Yum Yum, Show Orchid

From top: Lady at Play, Speak Louder, Toying Around, Candy Yum Yum, Show Orchid
You can definitely tell it was still warm in the beginning of September because I was really feeling my brights.

Lady at Play: Mineralize Rich formula. I like this one and the formula, but I guess it's nothing special. I'm glad I didn't spend the $22 on it, but I do like the color.

Speak Louder: Cremesheen formula. I really love this color. It's similar to Red Balloon, which is why I opted for that color in my pink lipstick favorites.

Toying Around: Amplified formula. Limited edition from the Playland Collection. This is one of my favorite lipsticks of all time. It is the perfect pink coral. This is one I have to try not to use often because I like to try using all my colors.

Candy Yum Yum: Matte formula. I like this a lot more than I thought I would. It doesn't lean as neon as I thought, so it's more wearable than the original release.

Show Orchid: Amplified formula. I really like that this is a pink that leans more purple. I only wish that I made the jump to this color sooner.

Heavenly Hybrid, 127, Fresh Salmon, Relentlessly Red, Yield to Love.
From top: Heavenly Hybrid, 127, Fresh Salmon, Relentlessly Red, Yield to Love.
This next batch is actually kind of lame, I think. My only real stand out is the only Inglot lipstick I wore this month and I guess Relentlessly Red, which is one of my favorites.

Heavenly Hybrid: Lustre formula. Limited edition from a Fantasy of Flowers collection. I only care for Lustres when I actually want something on the sheerer side. I do like that this is just a wash of purple.

127: This red is from Inglot and one of my favorite reds. I don't own too many lipsticks from Inglot because they're only available online and the website's swatches suck. There's a counter in Boston now, so I may eventually stock up.

Fresh Salmon: Lustre formula. Limited edition from the Spring Color Forecast collection. I guess this one is okay. I might eventually get rid of it because this color barely shows up on my lips.

Relentlessly Red: Retro Matte formula. I went over this one in my favorite pinks. This drags on my skin, but generally isn't as drying on my lips. I really love this color and the matte formula.

Yield to Love: Cremesheen formula. Limited edition from the Novel Romance collection. I feel like the only reason I bought this one was because it was a MAC online exclusive and I was worried I would want it after it was unavailable. Luckily, I actually really love this rosy color.

Morange, Marquise D', Giddy, Impassioned, Toxic Tale.

From top: Morange, Marquise D', Giddy, Impassioned, Toxic Tale.

I wore three of my most favorite lipsticks in this batch of swatches. I'm a huge fan of anything orange or coral and of course bright and deep pinks. 

Morange: Amplified formula. This would probably be near the top if I arranged my favorite lipsticks of all time. It's definitely my favorite orange lipstick and all I wanted Neon Orange to be, even if I love that one too. I love rocking this color.

Marquise D' Lustre formula. Limited edition from the Wonder Woman collection. This is sort of a shimmery my lips but better color and I decided to wear it after talking about it in an earlier post. I was just sad it didn't get enough love and I think I was wearing a nice shirt, so I tossed on some lipstick.

Giddy: Lustre formula. I wanted something low key and this was it. I don't know how I really feel about this color because it doesn't get much love. It's okay, I guess. I could live without it.

Impassioned: Amplified formula. Another one of my all time favorites. I also mentioned this in my favorite pinks post. I just really love the color and formula of this lipstick. I can't say enough good things.

Toxic Tale: Satin formula. Limited edition from the Venomous Villains collection. This is another one of my favorite lipsticks of all time, and a color that totally gets me going. I was so so so happy to get my hands on this color when the Venomous Villains collection came out and it's such a sought after color now. This is one that I try not to wear too much because I'm worried I'll run out of it, but I did read that they're finally repromoting it! This is probably one of the only ones I would ever buy a backup for just in case.

Roundup!

For MAC lipsticks, these are the formulas that got the most wear this month:

Amplified: 4
Lustre: 4
Matte: 2
Cremesheen: 2
Satin: 1
Mineralize: 1

2 comments:

  1. Lipstick is one of those things that kind of scares me a little. I'm still venturing into this weird makeup world of color, and I'm barely adjusting to taking more than 3 minutes to do my makeup. Some of these colors are GORGEOUS, and I love the pinks in your collection. Sometimes I wish I could be a little braver with it, but, yeah. SOMEDAY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bright colors so much. :) Don't be afraid to try new things. A lot of the time I even put lipstick on when I get to work and it doesn't take that long. Try cheaper lipsticks instead of buying a $20 tube and see how you like it.

      Delete