Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October Birchbox Unboxing!

This is only my second Birchbox, but I definitely look forward to getting it every month. I wasn't as impressed with this month's box as I was the last, but it was the anniversary box, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. 


I wish there was more skincare in this box. The reason I wasn't as impressed was just that I feel like I won't use some of these things. The standout for this month would be the hand cream, followed by the leave in conditioner.


Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle: I've never used a leave in conditioner, mainly because I'm afraid that it would make my hair oily. I also tend to use a deep conditioner in the shower so I never felt the need to use one. I guess I'm somewhat excited to try this out.

Coastal Scents Revealed Eyeshade Palette Set: This is a four color sampler of eyeshadows that I will probably never use. I just don't wear eyeshadow anymore so I don't have a use for this. I guess it would be nice to travel with if I used shadow. I might just pass this on to Jessica if she's interested.

LuMESH Hydratig Lip Gloss: This is in the color Sadie and is a super tiny size. Is never pay $24 for a full size of it, but this is nice. It has a tingly minty feel and the color is pretty sheer.

suki exfoliate foaming cleanser: I'm going to try this out tonight. I thought it was a pretty measly size for a body scrub until I noticed it was for the face. It's too expensive for me as a full size, but it's worth a try regardless.

TOCCA Crema de Mano, Bianca: I actually really like this. The scent is light, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. It does feel decently moisturizing, although I think I do prefer my Crabtree & Evelyn cream over this still. 


Again, I'm still more impressed with last month's box, but I'm still rearing to try some of these items. Now starts the waiting process for my November box. All I want is more skincare, no eyeshadow, and more importantly, no perfume! I've been lucky on the perfume front so far, but I know I'm bound to get some eventually.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen a bunch of whiners comment on the Birchbox facebook page complaining about what they get in their box, and customer service has always offered to go over their preferences with them. Maybe if you want more skincare you can review your preferences/ask? I know when I filled out my profile I was like "Ummm IDK SURE" but now that you know what to expect your ideas may change?

    Also, I've heard really good things about that Suki. A few reviewers I watch love it. And I will take whatever hand me downs you'll give me, but know you're never obligated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll even save it for when we have enough things for a swap!

      Definitely not hating the month though, that's for sure. And I actually think I like that leave in conditioner. They were right. It smells really good!

      Delete