Sunday, October 5, 2014

Subscription Addiction: September Ipsy Excitement!



This month was my first Ipsy bag! The bag itself is honestly something I couldn't care less about. It is a great organizational tool for my makeup, which I will eventually talk about in a future blog post, but... whatever. Everyone seemed to think the gunmetal bag with the studs on it was the greatest thing this month. Again, I was "meh" about the bag itself. But it does hold a lot.

Subscription Box: Ipsy
Description: With infinite beauty product combinations in the marketplace, choosing the best items for your needs can be a challenge! That was why Michelle created ipsy. Michelle and her team of stylists have selected products they love, for you to try. 
Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month. 
Pricing: $10/month.
Referral Link: Here


Product #1: Briogeo "Don't Despair, Repair" Deep Conditioning Hair Mask
I loved this so freakin' much. I've already used it three times, and traded on eDivv for a backup. It made my hair feel incredibly soft. You get a lot of use for the sample size, too, which is great. Definitely pleased with this.

Product #2: Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss
The shade on this is beautiful. It's a nude-y, peachy, pink color. And I love it. It's not too sticky, and it lasts a decent amount of time. It's one of my go-to glosses lately, and it's fun, and I love it.



Product #3: Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish
I like the idea of this, a lot. I'm not so sure I'll use it, though. The problem is that the bright-ass red color is not one I normally go to when I'm painting my nails. Maybe a pretty pink color, or something? I don't know. But, I'm considering trying it to see if the gel manicure stays as long as a salon manicure. I still haven't actually had a gel manicure, which is the problem. I got myself a manicure recently as a "congrats on your last day in retail" present, and it lasted a good week and a half with products that were supposed to be similar to a gel manicure. So, I don't know. Will I use this? Maybe. I just don't like the bright, fire engine red.



Product #4: Pacifica Natural Waterproof Eye Pencil
I like this a lot! Apparently it can be used for brows or as an eyeliner, but I use it as an eyeliner. It's a pretty brown color, and it goes on smoothly. I use this and my noir eyeliner interchangeably depending on what kind of look I'm going for that day. They're both my go-to lately. And I love the Pacifica brand as well. I've received an eyeshadow from that brand and it works great. I also love that they're cruelty-free, which is a major plus.



Product #5: Be a Bombshell Smooth Criminal Powder
I just don't have a use for this? I use powder foundation... perhaps I don't understand its purpose at all, and maybe someday I could work something like this into my beauty routine, but for now, at my very basic level, it doesn't seem like something I need in my collection. I'm intrigued by the Be a Bombshell brand, though, and I'm not sure if that's because of YouTube or Ulta, but either way, it makes me want to try a few more things.


So, that was my ipsy bag for September. It's definitely worth the $10, unlike my BB5 disappointment. I'm not blown away by this month's bag, but I am excited and I do enjoy 3/5 of the products in it. I'll keep this one going for a few more months and see if it's truly worth my $10.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to get my Ipsy and decide if it's worth it. It's just taking so long. I don't know if anything in your box particularly stood out, but I'm sure we selected different preferences. I'm glad you were able to get stuff you liked such as the hair mask!

    ReplyDelete