Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Empties | September 2014!




So apparently I have a ton of empties for the month and had no idea? Let me get right into it, because I have a lot to talk about!

Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream
I'll spare you a third raving about this from me. I said it in my favorites, I said it in my Birchbox unboxing for the month... it's great. I love it. I have a backup. I will continue to love it forever.

MAC Zoom Lash Mascara (Sample)
Reggie gave me a sample of this years ago, and I remember loving it, so I purchased one off Yerdle for 50 credits and $2 shipping. Thank God, because this mascara ended up being the WORST. It's because it was made in 2008 and was probably used before. The person swindled me, and I've learned my lesson about mascaras without checking up on the person's reputability first. I'm just glad my red, itchy, watery eyes are no more.

Davines OI Shampoo (Sample - Not pictured)
The shampoo worked okay. It made my hair feel clean. I don't have much to say about it other than "it was a shampoo", so I probably won't repurchase.

Davines OI Conditioner (Sample - not pictured)
The conditioner did make my hair feel very soft. However, the full size of this product is too rich for my blood. Thanks but no thanks. The sample packet gave me three good uses, and I will remember them fondly.

La Fresh Oil Free Makeup Remover Wipes (Sample)
These worked well on everything except waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Granted, I guess that's the purpose of waterproof mascara and eyeliner. But, I wiped my face down with these and it got all of my foundation, eyeshadow, lipstick, etc off. When I would look at a cloth after using it, it was filthy. So again, it did its job. Was I blown away by these? Not really. Would I repurchase? I'd consider it. I'm sure there's a comparable brand out there. Makeup wipes aren't something I've found a Holy Grail Brand for yet, so I'll keep an open mind.

K6 Skincare Clean Antioxidant Facial Cleanser (Sample - not pictured)
Things I like about this product: no stinging if it accidentally gets in your eyes. Vegan. Cruelty-free. Doesn't have a crazy smell. Cleans well. Many uses out of the sample. Things I didn't like about this product: pretty much everything else. Honestly, I prefer a cleanser to lather a little bit. Just so I know where I'm cleaning and where I've missed. I also think it was a little drying for my skin. It wasn't anything too crazy, but it was drying. I probably wouldn't repurchase, since I already have two cleansers I love that work great for me.

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
This is one of two of my go-to cleansers. It lathers well, makes my face feel moisturized and clean, and doesn't get stingy all up in my eyeballs. It cleans my face well and I love using it with my Clarisonic. It's $38, which is really, really steep, but it lasts forever and works so well that I would seriously consider repurchasing.

Bath & Body Works Mango Mandarin Bubble Bath
I decided to take a bubble bath one night and finished this sucker off. It bubbled quite nicely and smelled incredible. It was after a long and stressful day and I was so pleased to just fill the tub up with the mango-y smell and relax. This didn't smell too citrus-y, but just enough to perk up my senses just a little.

Cover Girl Exact Eyelights Mascara
By the end of the day, there was some major flakeage with this product. My mom gets me one of these every Christmas, and I'm always 'meh' about it. What's with the exact eyelights deal? It's just... mascara. Black mascara that doesn't do anything to wow people with my beautiful chocolate brown eyes or anything. It's plain old black mascara and I wasn't blown away by it.

Secret Outlast Gel Antipersperant
I usually prefer gel deodorant, but I prefer the deodorant I got in my VoxBox better when it comes to controlling my sweaty self. I felt clean with this. It did its job wonderfully. I have a backup and would repurchase it. I think maybe it's just a situational use instead of every single day? Maybe when I go to work or class, this will work, but when I take a Pure Barre class, the other one will work? Who knows.

Philosophy Miracle Worker Anti Aging Moisturizer for Blemish Prone Skin (Sample)
This worked really well. It made my skin feel really really soft. I got 3-4 uses out of the tiny package. Would I repurchase? Probably not. It's too expensive for me. But if someone gave it to me as a gift, I'd be incredibly thrilled to use it again.

Makeup Forever Artist Shadow (Sample)
I like this brand a lot from what I was able to try. The shadows stayed on all day and the colors were beautiful. I like that it told me how to apply it to get a pretty look.  I hope I get the opportunity to try more shadows from this brand because I really enjoyed them!

Bikini Zone Anti-Bumps Shave Gel
This stuff paired with the after shave lotion stuff is awesome. I prefer it as opposed to shaving cream or similar for that area. I rarely get bumps when I use this and a really good razor and I would definitely repurchase, since it's a reasonable price and works well.


The ones that weren't pictured were at my boyfriend's place, but believe me, I used them. I had a lot more empties than I thought I did! A lot of products I used up this month were 'meh' products, or products someone had given to me as a gift that I wasn't thrilled with. There were some good ones in there, though, so it will be interesting to see what October has in store in regards to empties!

1 comment:

  1. You did have a lot of empties! I guess we're on the same page when it comes to brands like Philosophy. I'll gladly use it if it's free but it's too pricey!

    ReplyDelete