Monday, September 15, 2014

Ten Products I Regret Buying

Everyone inevitably buys a few things they let sit around and collect dust. As someone who likes to try new products on a regular basis, I have plenty of things kicking around that I either regret purchasing or dutifully use and will definitely not repurchase.


These aren't in any particular order, so I'll try to follow the way they're arranged in the photo.

Kuan Yuan Lian Acne Deep Sodium Salicylic Milk - Okay, this isn't necessarily the worst thing I've ever bought, but it doesn't really work and the actual product is extremely watery. I've used more than half of this and I'm definitely not buying it again. I already have a fairly decent acne product line from Etude House that I prefer. 

MAC Prep+Prime Skin Base Visage - I've used this plenty, but I really don't think a lotion based primer with subtle glitter is worth $30 because...THIRTY DOLLARS. Why did I buy this again? I don't even know if I want to finish it off because I'm really loving my new Smashbox primer.

Holika Holika Wine Therapy Sleeping Pack in Red Wine - I originally thought the packaging for this was cute, because it's a wine barrel. There is another type of this sleeping pack made with white wine for acne prone skin, which I'm sure I would have liked better. I bid on both through eBay and ended up with this version. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's like smearing grape jelly on your face. Do not like. Will not finish. Won't even try the white wine one, which is lotion and not a gel.

Philosophy Purity Cleanser - I bought the very small bottle of this to try out when Nordstrom was having a site wide beauty sale. So many people talk about this cleanser so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's an all right cleanser. It gets the job done, but I wouldn't be interested in a larger size. The small 3oz was $10 before my discount and the next size up is 8oz at $23! I have more than enough cleansers to last past the new year so I don't need to buy this one again.  

Lioele Water Drop Sleeping Pack - This is one of those products that will probably get used but won't be repurchased. I'm not even kidding when I say it was one of my first Korean skincare products. It was great when I bought it and the water drop effect was really cool, but it isn't as moisturizing as my other night creams. I only use this when I'm staying somewhere overnight and don't want my face to be a greasy mess when I wake up. 

Inglot Lip Palette - Don't get me wrong, I love Inglot as a brand and I also really like the lipsticks I own from them, but I seriously never use the THREE lip palettes that I own. It has nothing to do with the colors or formula, I just prefer a lipSTICK to a lip palette. I don't like using a brush and touching up lips with an entire palette is just a pain. I'm actually sad about this one because I do like the colors I own and these were pretty spendy.

Milani Shadow Eyez Pencil in Champagne Toast - I hate this. I used it once and couldn't get even color on my lid. I figured this would be more travel friendly than a pot of cream eye shadow, but it didn't work for me. The color that did get on my lid never set and I had to take it off. I like other Milani products, but I won't be trying this in any other colors.

Sigma Eyeliner in Focus - I could not get this to show up on my eye no matter what. Maybe it's because it's a lighter shade, but it swatched great on my hand. It also dragged when I tried to apply it to my lower lash line and was gone almost immediately. I have another color in this formula and I don't hate it as much as this one.

MAC Beauty Powder in Shell Pearl - I have a decent amount of MAC products, so it seems appropriate to not like them all. There's a few I've sold and plan on selling, and this is the next one in the pile. It's just not my color and it's way too shimmery for my cheeks. 

But that's only NINE, you say?


Never fear, I also regret buying pretty much every lip product I own from Covergirl and Revlon. It's honestly not that I hate these, it's just that I never wear them. I guess I hate the Covergirl ones more because they've dried out a bit and now slide out of the twisty tubes, whereas the Revlon ones don't. I've never had good luck with Covergirl products in general so this doesn't surprise me. I also don't wear lip gloss anymore, so it seems silly to own so much of it. I think since I only wear lipstick when I'm working that I'll try wearing lip gloss when I'm not. I just hate trashing products that I've spent money on. 

That's it. I'm sure a favorite post at the end of the month with redeem some of these brands listed here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment