Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Makeup Hoarder Disorder: Foundations and Korean BB Creams

The sad thing about this collection is probably that I know all of my Holika Holika BB Creams are hiding from the move and are not included in this post.

I am definitely someone that doesn't like to face the outside world without something on my face, so all my BB Creams and foundations range from sheer to medium coverage. The
one thing I am not a fan of is full coverage, cakey makeup. 

After discovering the wonders of Korean BB Creams, which are quite different from the Americanized versions most people have used, I've compiled my favorites and the ones I don't use too often. (Ahem...those missing Holika Holika ones? At least two of them are almost gone.) Korean BB Creams boast actual skincare benefits and are supposed to be moisturizer, primer, sunscreen, anti-aging, and whitening all in one. Most BB Creams have at least an SPF of 25, but some have an SPF of 40 or more.

Super Plus VIP Gold, Purple Super Plus, Green Super Plus, Snail Nutrition.

Sure, my first foray into Korean BB Creams were my Holika Holikas, but Skin79 truly makes some of my favorites. There are more than four different varieties, but these are the ones that I own. On the packaging, Skin79 claims these are Triple Function: Whitening, UV Protection with SPF, and Wrinkle Improvement. It's hard to pick a favorite from these four, but I haven't had the purple one for long enough to know how I feel about it. If I had to pick, I guess I reach for the green one more often.

ElishaCoy Premium Gold Mineral, BRTC Jasmine Water, Lioele Dollish Veil Vita in Green, Missha Complexion Coordinating, ElishaCoy Always Triple, ElishaCoy Time Capsule.

I can't say that I've purchased a BB Cream that I don't care for, but I'm guity of not exactly rotating them as much as I should. Once I decide that I like one at the moment, I usually stick with it.

These other brands are from ElishaCoy, BRTC, Lioele, and Missha. Out of all of these, I reach for the BRTC Jasmine Water BB Cream, ElishaCoy Premium Gold Mineral BB Cream, and ElishaCoy Always Triple BB Cream the most. Those are probably my top three. The BRTC is my top favorite right now to the point where I might order another tube and upgrade to the larger size.

Lioele Dollish Veil Vita is tinted green, so I usually only use that when my skin is a little red or when I have stuff to cover. Occasionally I'll mix this one into a different BB Cream. Missha Complexion Coordinating BB Cream is more of a CC Cream, which means it comes out of the tube white and blends into your skin tone. I don't reach for this too often, usually only when my skin looks great and I can get away with very light coverage and a powder. 

Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Foundation in Light 42, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Face and Body Foundation in N1.
Thanks to my obsession with BB Creams, I haven't owned an actual foundation for almost two years if not longer. I don't know what inspired me to buy the Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Foundation, but I wish I never did! It's far too light for me, which is crazy considering that I usually wear the lightest shade in everything. Not only that, but it is so thick and full coverage that I can't even take it. I've owned this for months and I've tried mixing it with BB Creams and I still don't like it. It has come to the point where I will probably try selling it in a blog sale.

My next adventure in foundations took me to MAC, which I've been obsessed with other products from the brand so I figured...why not? Well, I didn't get a color match and decided to wing it. I ordered MAC Studio Fix Fluid which is medium to full coverage. I don't need a full coverage foundation, so this isn't my favorite. In addition to the full coverage, this color is wicked yellow! I didn't realize it was going to be so yellow because my MAC concealer in NC15 is a completely different color! My last gripe with this foundation is that it doesn't have a pump! Why MAC why? 

I ended up getting color matched at MAC and it turns out that I'm actually an NW15. Go figure. I'll be getting rid of my Studio Fix Fluid or trading it for NW15 because I can't use it unless I mix it. NW15 has pinker tones that match my skin better.

One more thing! I just purchased MAC Face and Body Foundation, which I will include in an upcoming haul. I guess since I've used it twice I can't give too much of an opinion, but I do love it so far. It's nice and light and blends perfectly into my skin. I hate paying $27 for what looks like a small bottle of foundation, but this is 1.7oz compared to the standard 1oz of other foundations.

WHEW. That's a lot of face makeup and that doesn't cover my concealers and powders. Before I buy any different products, I need to use these up.

No comments:

Post a Comment