Sunday, September 21, 2014

Subscription Addiction: September Birchbox Success!



This month was Birchbox's anniversary month. To celebrate four years of existence and awesomeness, they made their usual box all pretty and fancy, and included a crapton of awesome extras. As usual, I was pleased with the majority of it! Here we go!


Subscription Box: Birchbox
Description: Each month, you'll receive a selection of samples that we’ve tried (and retried) ourselves. We source our samples from both well-known brands and emerging gems. The women’s subscription includes everything from skincare to makeup, as well as fun non-beauty extras. The men’s subscription delivers top-tier grooming products in addition to lifestyle accessories ranging from hip socks to tech accessories.  
Pricing: $10/month.
Referral Link: Here

Product #1: Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm
I haven't tried this yet. Everyone raves about Dr. Jart, but I just haven't had the opportunity to try this particular product yet. It's my first BB anything, since my collection is so new, but I'm excited to try it.

Product #2: Mereadesso All in One Moisturizer (Travel Size)
I love this! It makes my face so, so soft, and the packaging is excellent, especially for a sample/travel size. RESEALABLE? HECK YES. It didn't break my face out, either. I probably wouldn't repurchase, since it's crazy expensive, but I'm going to definitely use it up.

Product #3: Davines OI All in One Milk 
My hair definitely felt soft after this, but I felt like it was weighed down. I do have to say, though, the times that I've used it, I haven't been doing my usual haircare routine. I keep this at my boyfriend's house, and I don't have a blowdryer there. It's a HUGE size, though, so I want to use it up and make sure I give it its proper due test.

Product #4: Davines OI Shampoo
The shampoo combined with the OI Milk was... strange? I don't know. I love that they included this as an extra sample because of the anniversary, and it made my hair feel clean, I just feel like maybe all three (there's one coming up) products combined weighed my hair down. I'll experiment and follow up.

Product #5: Davines OI Conditioner
The conditioner made my hair feel INCREDIBLY soft. I do love the conditioner and know for sure that wasn't part of the weighing down problem. I don't think I'll repurchase it, because it's very expensive, but I'll absolutely continue to use it until it's gone. Again, because this was included as an anniversary special, it's hard to complain too much.

Product #6: Harvey Prince Ageless Liquid Loofah
Um, my grapefruit obsession is becoming a problem! But this product is AMAZING. Harvey Prince is one of those scents I've heard so many good things about on the internet, and I'm looking forward to using it up. It's supposed to be exfoliating, but I don't really feel like it exfoliated my skin? But honestly, it smells good and made me feel fresh and clean, so who cares?

Product #7: Temptu S/B Highlighter
Apparently this is a brand often associated with the spray guns, or whatever they're called. Airbrushes? You can use it on its own, but rumor has it you can also use it with the airbrush. I'm honestly going to pass this on or trade it. I'm not going to open it, and it doesn't seem like something I'm going to take the time to use. Know thyself.

So overall, it was definitely a month where I got my money's worth! I do wish there were more makeup products in this month's box, but the samples I did get were mostly worth the money, and I have a hard time complaining about the generosity of Birchbox, especially when I got all the anniversary extras. This wasn't a box where I went "meh", like BeautyBox5 (don't even get me started), so I'm still very pleased!

1 comment: