Thursday, May 7, 2015

Subscription Addiction | Boxycharm Backup - February 2015

I've made it past January, and on to February, another box with all of the products still sitting in it. 90% of days from January-April, I chose sleeping in instead of doing any makeup. Working and going to class from 6:45AM-9:30PM will do that to a person. But I digress. Summer is here, and with one job down and full time internship coming up, it's time to experiment. Here's what I got for February to play with:

February 2015 Boxycharm: Kisses From Boxycharm



Product #1: Modern Minerals Duo Fiber Mini Round Brush
I just took this brush out of its bag for the first time and holy crap is it soft. It's a beautiful brush -- just small enough to get in the creases but big enough to sweep across the eye and get some good coverage. It doesn't feel prickly or cheap, and I'm glad I got it in my Boxycharm, because I wouldn't pay $15 for it on my own. Not that it wouldn't be worth it or I don't think it's worth the price, it's just that $15 for a brush isn't something I would normally be able to justify.

Product #2: Mullein & Sparrow Mini Facial Mask
I haven't had the opportunity to try this yet, but it's really interesting. It's a powder that you mix with water to form a mask. It's all natural, organic ingredients and the sample bottle is deluxe -- but it's still one entire ounce. So that's really impressive for a sample. I'll be sure to report back and tell you how it is.

Product #3: ncLA Nail Lacquer in "Heart Attack"
I wasn't impressed by the NCLA lacquer last time, but this is pretty cute. It's got little glitter hearts in it that you can use as a top coat or an accent nail. I'll probably keep it around to use as an accent nail, although I can't see myself using it a whole heck of a lot.

Product #4: Jing Ai Velvet Shine Lip Jewel in Pink a Boo
This one's way too Barbie pink for me. It's a pretty color, but I prefer reds or salmons as opposed to "Barbie threw up on this" pink. I took a peek at the swatches online and they were super duper pink, so I just threw this one up on eDivv. I have plenty of lip products, and this one isn't one I will miss. Perhaps if it was a different color?

Product #5: Mistrua Beauty Solutions C-2-P Complexion Corrector
I haven't used it yet, but it's way expensive. I mean, $36 for something the size of a lipstick? It's apparently good for all skin tones, so we will find out. I'll try it in the next few days to see how it goes on. For that kind of money, it must work miracles.

This was a decent box. Overall, I'm impressed. The thing that consistently impresses me about Boxycharm is that I wouldn't spend money on these things for myself, but one thing in the box is usually double the value of the box itself. So it makes it worth the money for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment