Thursday, May 7, 2015

Subscription Addiction | Birchbox Backup - December 2014

In addition to my Boxycharm, I have Birchbox to catch up with. Lots. Same amount's worth. So let me say this. I've liked Birchbox and Boxycharm equally for their different purposes. Birchbox lets me try little samples, and Boxycharm gives me full sized products I'm more likely to continue using. They both rock equally in different ways and I'm excited to review some of the products I've tried.



Product #1: Amika Nourishing Mask
This made my hair feel SO pretty. So soft, smelled incredible. I'm still using it up, but I love it. It's something I'd definitely consider purchasing. The sample size was pretty good, as well. I've used it twice and I can get one or two more uses out of it. I'm definitely impressed with it.

Product #2: Lord & Berry Paillettes Glitter Eye Pencil in Black
I was going through a period where all I got was eyeliner. I also don't do glitter. So this wasn't awesome for me. Plus, it's barely the size of my pinky finger, so I wasn't thrilled with this one. Put it up for trade on eDivv. Doubt anyone will want it, but I tried.

Product #3: Mirenesse Mattfinity Rouge in New York
Whoa, was this red. I didn't even swatch it because it was so crazy red. And matte. I prefer glossy, myself, and it just scared me a little, so I put it up on eDivv as well. I don't know much about it and I didn't swatch it, but it wasn't for me anyway.

Product #4: Rusk Texture Spray
I should give this a try. The reviews on it seem to be decent, especially with stick-straight hair havers like me. So it's quite possible that it could work for me. If it doesn't, oh well. But it may? I'll try it.

Product #5: TOCCA Crema de Mano - Cleopatra
This smells really good! It's a mix of cucumber and grapefruit, and it's light without being oppressive or offensive. So many lotions or hand cremes are so heavy or floral-y that they give me a headache. This one smells clean and fresh and it's the perfect size to carry in my purse.

December's box was one looking back that I was frustrated with when I opened it because of the lip rouge and the texture spray and the glittery eyeliner. But the hand creme and the hair mask made this box worth it for me. So overall, I can't hate on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment