Thursday, February 12, 2015

Perfume Diary #3


Jimmy Choo Exotic - My initial thought was blah, this stinks. It's a lot heavier than I expected it to be from the notes. I guess considering that it's from Jimmy Choo, you would want a perfume that only needs one or two spritzes to do the job. I worried about what I smelled like for most of the day, but I didn't notice that my perfume smelled overwhelming when I got home. I did add another spray and noticed that I didn't hate it. At first, I didn't think I could ever wear this out again, but now I actually think I might like it. The notes include grapefruit, raspberry, black currant, passion flower, orchid, and patchouli. It's possible that I initially smelled the patchouli, which isn't my favorite on its own. There is a possibility of actually liking this perfume, so I'll probably do another post.


Marc Jacobs Dot - This is one of those perfumes that I don't know if I want to purchase. Look at the bottle. The bottle is so cute. I'm trying to move away from how much I like the design of the bottle. It was much easier to get away from Honey because I ended up not really enjoying the scent. For Dot, I do like the scent. The notes for Dot are listed as red berries, dragon fruit, coconut, jasmine, honeysuckle, vanilla, neroli, driftwood, and musk. All the scent notes sounded great to me, which is why I ordered a sample. My only gripe with this perfume is that it doesn't last very long at all. My sample is almost gone because I carried the mini spray in my pocket and reapplied throughout the night. I think if I do purchase a bottle of this scent that I'll wait until the summer. I feel like the scent will probably linger better when the weather is warmer and it isn't really a winter fragrance to begin with anyway.


Escada Moon Sparkle: Ah. Back to this little gem. I'm so happy that I bought a full size bottle of this perfume. It smells so good. Right now, I think I can safely rank this as above DKNY Red Delicious but under Versace Bright Crystal Absolu. I'm worried about using up Bright Crystal Absolu because it costs so much money, but I think I've discovered my fall back scent. I actually shouldn't get to spritz happy with this one because I do think it is discontinued, but I'm sure a 3.3oz/100mL bottle should last quite a bit of time. I noticed that it's back in stock on Perfumania.com, so I think I can still get it. I did purchase a full size bottle on eBay and I got a much better price for it then than what is listed right now. I really love this scent so far and I don't mind that I need to touch it up to keep it fresh. It does last on my skin, but I like when you can actually smell this. One of the guys at work actually really likes this on me and keeps trying to think of what perfume it reminds him of. The first night I wore it to work he asked me what I wearing because he could smell me when I showed up for my shift. I think I may wear it when he's working just because.


No comments:

Post a Comment