Thursday, February 26, 2015

Empties #4 | Products I've Used Up + Mini Review!

I didn't want to hoard my trash for as long as I did last time. It's easier to do empties posts if there aren't quite as many things to talk about. 


Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule: I used to use this as my day ampoule, just like the other Mizon one that I featured in my last empties post. I prefer the snail one to the collagen one, but I will probably continue to purchase the It's Skin one because I like that one the best. Would I repurchase? No, not right now. Maybe at some point.

Tony Moly Intense Care Snail Cream: I talked about this in a couple past favorites posts. I'm glad that I finally used it up because it was getting old. There's also a companion eye cream that came in the set that I should also think about using up. This was a really thick and moisturizing cream that really saved my dry and flaky skin this winter. Would I repurchase? As much as I loved it, I don't think so. There's other creams that I've purchased that I like just as much.

Missha Flower Bouquet Skin Fresh Cleansing Oil in Cherry Blossom: I loved this from the second that I bought it. I got this during the Missha Thanksgiving sale, so it definitely lasted a pretty long time. I haven't decided which new cleansing oil to try next, but Missha can do no wrong when it comes to cleansers. Would I repurchase? Definitely. I want to use up other ones before I do, though. Probably next big sale Missha has.

Benton Snail Bee High Content Essense: This is my second or third empty bottle of this product. Benton produces some really nice skincare products that aren't too expensive that have great ingredients in them. This is probably one of my favorites. I use this in the day and night after my ampoule. Would I repurchase? I already have a new one going, but I'll definitely get another when that one starts getting low because I have to order internationally.

It's Skin Power 10 VC Effector: I wish I could find a larger size bottle of this ampoule. I don't think this lasts as long as my Missha one, which is 50mL compared to 30mL. I probably should have considered buying two of them. This is the best ampoule that I've found for daytime that has gotten me over Missha discontinuing the one from their Near Skin line. Would I repurchase? Already have another one. I'm thinking of trying out a different one than the VC, but also ordering one of those as well and keeping stocked on ampoules.

ElishaCoy Vita Capsule Cleanser: This used to be my favorite cleanser when I first started using Korean products. I would go through spurts where I would use it a ton and then stop because I didn't want to use it up. Well, that's dumb. I knew that I would need to finish it at some point, so I did. I still really like this cleanser, but there are others that I also like. Would I repurchase? Maybe at some point, but I have so many cleansers that I need to use up first.

Holika Holika Pig Nose Clear Black Head Strip: Nothing special here. This is just a pore strip for your nose that is supposed to pull out blackheads. I've had a box of these lying around for a while, so I figured I should maybe use one. Would I repurchase? Probably not. I have a ton of nose strips because I bought this box of ten and a box from another brand.

Alpha Hydrox Retinol ResQ: I was confused as to how I was out of this already because there was another tube in my last empties, but that's because I went from doing one empties post in November to the next in January! I use this nightly, so I think that's why I managed to polish off two tubes. Would I repurchase? I actually bought a Neutrogena retinol instead this time just so my skin would get too used to this one. I haven't used the Neutrogena for long enough to decide if I like it better.

beautyblender sponge: Look at this thing. It's gross. Obviously I didn't wash it because I was just going to throw it away after cutting it in half to make sure it didn't have any mold in the center. I saw someone talking about how since these sponges harbor bacteria and stay damp that they can mold. I was curious. I've had this sponge since I think September or October, so I figured it was time to let go. Not too far into using this sponge, it tore near the bottom. That was me squeezing foundation out of it and being too rough with my nails. Lesson learned. I love beautyblenders. I don't apply my makeup with anything else. Would I repurchase? I did buy a two pack, so I have another that I'm currently using and I ended up buying a second two pack during a beauty.com sale so I plenty of beautyblenders.


Bath & Body Works candles in Twisted Peppermint, Frosted Cranberry, Winter Candy Apple, and Fresh Sparkling Snow: I really like Bath & Body Works candles. It really annoys me that you can never 100% burn the candle because the wick only lasts so long. Fresh Sparkling Snow was my favorite scent and it had the best throw. I really wish they made other products in this scent, but they don't. I thought they would because Twisted Peppermint has a bunch of lotions and body care things. Would I repurchase? I just bought a bunch of summer candles, so yes. If these scents are available next year, I'll definitely get Fresh Sparkling Snow and possible Twisted Peppermint.

No comments:

Post a Comment