Saturday, February 7, 2015

Perfume Diary #2

Just a couple more scents for now. There's only so many I can wear at a time, of course. I'm sure that each one will have more than one spot in the Perfume Diary series as I decide which ones I like the most and which ones I'm willing to invest in a whole bottle. After all, this isn't like buying a $16 lipstick and hoping for the best. Some of the perfumes I'm testing out go for almost $100 a pop for the larger size bottle, like Bright Crystal Absolu which retails at $110 for the 3.2oz size.



Nina Ricci Nina: This is actually a scent that I liked when I was younger, about the same time I also wore Fantasy by Britney Spears and wished to have enough money to purchase a bottle of Vera Wang Princess. I never even owned a sample vial of this perfume. I only knew I liked it from the peel off in a magazine. Well, I finally got my hands on a small sprayer of this scent. The notes listed are apple, praline, lemon, peony, apple tree, lime, musk, cedar, and datura. It's the same fruity floral scent I remember, but it doesn't wear very long at all. It is an EDT, but I feel like it wore off pretty fast. This would definitely be something I would have to bring with me to spritz on again during the day. Overall, I really do like the scent. I just wish it lasted longer.

Coach Poppy Freesia Blossom: Coach has a quite a few scents in the Poppy range, so it was difficult to narrow it down to just one. Even now, I think I may need to dip back in just get the rest so I can actually compare and see which one I like better. The notes for this one are listed as bergamot, cassis, raspberry, strawberry, apricot, jasmine, orchid, freesia, vanilla, brown sugar, and musk. It's definitely one of my favorites that I've tried so far. I even had a coworker tell me that I smelled divine when I wore it, so that's saying something. I did notice that it wore off enough that I sprayed a little more on while I was taking a bathroom break, but this comes as an EDT and an EDP so if I end up buying a bottle I'll purchase the EDP instead. According to one website, this scent was listed as limited edition. I don't want to pay more than $60 for the large bottle of this, so I may wait until I see it on Perfumania.com and hope that it's a legitimate bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment