Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Lips of the Month | November

Another month has come and gone, so here are my monthly lipstick swatches. It has taken so long to get this post up because I lost a couple lipsticks and then after not finding just one, I gave up and just swatched what I had.

I wore a lot of red and pink this month and I was really feeling purple for some reason as well. I've finally worn all my Kat Von D minis (except for that dreadful nude) and broke into my Tarte lipsticks.

I also thought my lighting was really good while I was doing these swatches, but nothing looks vibrant and I definitely don't feel like swatching more than 20 lipsticks for the second time.

Copenhagen, Prague, Heartless, All Fired Up, Adora, Angel

From top: Copenhagen, Prague, Heartless, All Fired Up, Adora, Angel
Copenhagen: NYX Matte Lip Cream. This thing would not quit. In such a good way. I wore this for a 12 hour shift at work and didn't touch it up once. I love the color and the staying power was beyond fantastic. I think this might just be my favorite NYX Matte Lip Cream, which is saying a lot because I have so many of them now.

Prague: NYX Matte Lip Cream. I also really liked this color, but it didn't stay quite as long on my lips as Copenhagen did. I really like the formula on these though and all the colors stick around for the most part.

Heartless: Amplified formula. Limited edition from the MAC Venomous Villains collection. I like this color mainly for the packaging and not because it's a unique color. At this point, I have so many reds that none of them are really unique.

All Fired Up: Matte formula. I love matte lipsticks, and this is probably one of my favorite colors. It's a pink red, which I really like right now.

Adora: Kat Von D Iridescent formula. I liked this less than I thought I would, but I think that's only because it screams Christmas and I wish I had waited to wear it. I like the liquid version of this better because it stays put longer.

Angel: NYX Matte lipstick. I honestly didn't like this color at all. It clung to my lips even though they weren't dry and the color doesn't look as nice on my lips as it does on my arm. It just isn't my color.

Good Kisser, San Paulo, Cannes, Prepare For Pleasure, Morocco, Damn Glamorous

From top: Good Kisser, San Paulo, Cannes, Prepare For Pleasure, Morocco, Damn Glamorous
Good Kisser: Matte formula. Limited edition from the Novel Romance collection. This is just your basic matte pink, but I really like the color and the matte formula is my favorite right now.

San Paulo: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. I like this color of the lip cream just as much as the others. Most of the lip creams are longer lasting than some lipsticks, so I really like wearing these for longer days so I don't have to apply so often.

Cannes: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. This is a pink brown neutral color and I really like the way this makes my lips look. I wouldn't wear this all the time, but I did like this for a low maintenance lip color.

Prepare for Pleasure: Cremesheen formula. Limited edition from the Divine Night collection. This is a nice red because it is a little different than the other ones that I have. It's a nice shimmery red, but it doesn't transfer badly.

Morocco: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. This is a really nice orange that leans more on the red side. I love this color and I am such a fan of the soft matte lip cream formula. Probably one of my favorites from NYX.

Damn Glamorous: Matte formula. From the Matte Lip collection that may or may not be limited edition any more. I really like the color and the formula, even though it isn't as matte as the other MAC ones that I own. This transfers off a bit more than some of my other colors.

Ibiza, Wonderchilde, Full Fuchsia, Up The Amp, Kanga Rouge, Vegas Volt
From top: Ibiza, Wonderchilde, Full Fuchsia, Up the Amp, Kanga Rouge, Vegas Volt
Ibiza: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. I really love this color and of course, I love the formula. I don't know how many times I can say that NYX now makes some of my favorite lip products.

Wonderchilde: Kat Von D Iridescent formula. Unlike Adora, I actually liked this lipstick more than I anticipated. The purple looks way better on my lips because it blends into my natural lip color better than my arm.

Full Fuchsia: Amplified formula. I guess I'm just not into pinks this month because I liked this, but it didn't really get me excited. This is just a color that I'll probably wear when I feel brighter.

Up The Amp: Amplified formula. I guess this color is okay. I thought I would like this better than I really do and I'm reminded of it every time I wear this color. I just wish it was a little deeper of a shade.

Kanga Rouge: Amplified formula. Limited edition from the Dame Edna collection. Another red that I own mostly because it was limited edition. I actually really like this color red though. The formula is nice and soft and I think it's one of my favorite MAC reds that isn't actually matte.

Vegas Volt: Amplified formula. I was actually kind of disappointed in this lipstick when I wore it. Maybe it's because of the weather and I wasn't feeling something quite so bright? I don't know. But the lipstick felt thicker than I thought it usually does.

Merry Berry, Naked Paris, Violetta, Salon Rouge, Amsterdam
From top: Merry Berry, Naked Paris, Violetta, Salon Rouge, Amsterdam
Merry Berry: Tarte Amazonian Butter formula. I actually loved this lipstick. It was a sheerer, glittery color, but it was great. I really like the scent of these Tarte lipsticks and I'm glad I finally started wearing them. I did have to apply over the original color, but that's because they aren't as long lasting.

Naked Paris: Lustre formula. Ugh. I hate this color so much. It migrated all over the place. I hardly ever have issues with lipstick on my teeth, but this wouldn't leave me alone. Plus I feel like the color was gone from my lips instantly. I liked the Tarte color the day before much better, and this was glittery too.

Violetta: Amplified formula. Limited edition from the Venomous Villains collection. This is one of my favorite purple lipsticks, but it can get out of control quickly. It's one of those colors that you can definitely go heavy handed on and it doesn't look that great with too many layers.

Salon Rouge: Matte formula. Limited edition from the Heirloom Mix collection. I'm not kidding when I say this was my favorite lipstick that I wore all month. I waited way too long to wear this color and I'm so happy with it. I have to say that this is my perfect darker red shade and I wish I had more colors like it, but for now I'm glad I bought this lipstick.

Amsterdam: NYX Matte Lip Cream. I thought this color was going to be darker, but I did really like it. This is definitely not the first red I will be reaching for, but it was nice to wear and the matte lip creams are pretty comfortable to have on for a long time.


Roundup!

MAC lipsticks: 12
Amplified: 6
Matte: 4
Cremesheen: 1
Lustre: 1

NYX: 8
Matte Lipstick: 1
Matte Lip Cream: 7

Kat Von D: 2

Tarte: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment