Thursday, December 18, 2014

Beauty and Skincare Haul | Korea | Japan | Taiwan

I've been hoarding a few of these products for a couple months now. The top picture of items is from one order from SaSa, where the bottom ones are sort of a mish mash of things from KoreaDepart and eBay. I thought I had more, but it's possible that those are just sample sizes that were included or the fact that I have a Missha haul I want to do separately because there's so much Missha.

As many of these items are still in the packaging, I can't really say whether or not I like them. Mostly this post serves as a show and tell and I'll try to do a hauled it but how was it type post like I say I'm always going to do.


This is my recent SaSa haul. Out of all the online retailers, SaSa is my favorite. In addition to the Korean brands they carry, they also have brands from China, Japan, and Taiwan. Most of the time they offer free shipping to the states over $29, which isn't difficult to spend. I decided to try out a bunch of new things during this haul. I've never used anything from these brands before.

I picked up two items from Mentholatum from their Acnes line. I use the cleanser at night. It smells really nice and it isn't too foamy. I just wish the tube was a little bigger. I feel like I'm going to run out quick! I also got a moisturizer which has an SPF of 15. I've been using this when I work in the afternoon and will probably only see 20 minutes of light instead of wasting my SPF 35 moisturizer.

From Shiseido I purchased a cleanser called Perfect Whip which seemed to have pretty solid reviews online. I've only used it once because I'm hooked on my Missha cleanser, which I'll talk about in a different post. I also purchased an eyelash curler because my Missha one was starting to get a little loose and creaky around the hinges. I love this thing. It took a little getting used to the different shape, but I'm convinced it's the best curler I've used so far.

I did buy a curler from Shu Uemura, but I haven't tried that out just yet. It was the most expensive item from this haul, though, so I'm not going to let it go to waste. Thankfully, it isn't something that's going to go bad if I don't open it.

Something new that I've never tried even from American brands are oil blotting sheets. I purchased these from two different brands, Hakugen and Katani. I've used the Katani ones a couple times and I like them. I don't really see a huge different between these papers and using a napkin, but I guess these are supposed to just take off the oil and not the makeup. I do notice that when I blot with a napkin that I can see my powder products, which isn't the case with these. I've yet to use the Hakugen sheets because I feel like I'm going to love those and they're no longer for sale at SaSa so I can't repurchase them. I have to add that the Katani ones have little pandas on the sheets and I think that's a cute added bonus.


I purchased more sheet masks from My Beauty Diary that I haven't used yet. I don't know why, but I've sort of fallen off the sheet mask train and the only explanation I have for that is that I generally wear sheet masks for a minimum of 20 minutes and I don't have time for that when I'm getting home at midnight. 

From Sulwhasoo, I have an sample size of the Ginseng eye cream. I haven't tried this yet because I've been using other eye creams that I bought around the same time. I'm sure if this is anything like the Ginseng face cream that costs approximately two thousand dollars, I'll love it. (Complete exaggeration. The face cream is $220 and the the eye cream is $180)

I picked up two Nature Republic eye creams. One is tagged as wrinkle improvement and the other is brightening. I've been using the wrinkle improvement one and I like that one. I've used the brightening one a few times, but I'm committed to using up a few things and not having 15 eye creams open at the same time. 

At one point, I was obsessed with my Tony Moly Latte Art Milk-Cacao Pore Pack. Some time between using up my last container and purchasing this one, I started using the Queen Helene mask. It isn't that I like that one better, but I haven't touched this new one just yet.

My Innisfree Pink Beam Mineral Pact was featured in one of my favorites post. I really love this little guy, but I haven't been setting my under eyes because they tend to get drier in the winter. This gives a nice gleam on my cheeks but isn't as intense under my eyes.

Last in this bunch is my Skinfood Black Raspberry eye cream. This was also in a favorites post. I really like the scent of this cream and also how moisturizing it is. I've been using this off and on since purchasing and it's already half gone!


These two guys are just hopping on for the ride because I just received these in the mail. I don't know how long it will be until I do another Asian or Korean haul, so I thought I'd just toss these in this post.

I've been missing my Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder. I really didn't know how much I actually loved this until I ran out of it! Nothing compares to this powder. I'm psyched it came in the mail so quickly since I ordered it on December 1st. 

I'm almost out of my Mizon ampoule that I use daily, so I thought I'd try something new. I probably have less than a week of uses left in my Mizon one, so I'm glad this arrived even quicker than my Innisfree powder. I got this It's Skin ampoule in the brightening formula with vitamin C because your skin gets dull in the winter. This ampoule seems really nice and thick, so I can't wait to try it out.

Mentholatum - Japan
My Beauty Diary - Taiwan
Hakugen - Japan
Katani - Japan
Innisfree - Korea
Nature Republic - Korea
Shiseido - Japan
Shu Uemura - Japan
Skinfood - Korea
Sulwhasoo - Korea
Tony Moly - Korea
It's Skin - Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment