Thursday, December 4, 2014

Cocoa Pink Early Black Friday Haul

I think I've mentioned it before but, when it comes to Indie companies, Cocoa Pink is one of my favorites. I try not to shop with them too often only because the cost of shipping gets high since they're shipping heavy containers. That's why I like to get them during a sale.


My orders from Cocoa Pink are always packaged nicely. There was also a layer of packing peanuts on top, but I had to get rid of those in order to even take this picture. It just goes to show how much care is taken when they ship orders.

You'll also notice three small sample size products. I've always had a couple tossed into my orders when I get my package. This time I got a shampoo sample, a scrub sample, and a lotion sample.

When I order, I mainly stick to the Coco Mango Body Butters. Another thing I like to buy is conditioner. I received a sample of the Junket Creme Conditioner last time I ordered, so I knew I needed to pick up a full size. The Shine Sweetie is another conditioner they offer and that was my favorite before using the Junket Creme Conditioner.

Cocoa Pink does make other lotions, one of which being the Voluptuous Body Butter, but I prefer the Coco Mango Body Butter over those. They also offer a Goat's Milk Lotion and a Whipped Body Butter.


Here are the scent descriptions from Cocoa Pink's website:

Apple Popcorn Balls – Buttery melted caramel squares coat crimson gala apple slices and warm gobs of melted marshmallow drizzled over hot kettle corn make this delicious fall treat.

Caramel Popcorn Balls - Melted marshmallow buttery caramel popcorn balls, a delicious Halloween treat sure to evoke memories of childhood.

Fear of Ghosts (Phasmophobia) - Glowing marshmallow orbs and smoky vanilla spectral mists swirl aimlessly around an old bonfire in the Crisp October night air – Fresh vanilla puffed marshmallows, toasted marshmallows, hints of bonfire smoke among scattered sharp grains of white rice to ward unwelcome spirits away.

Fear Of Witches (Wiccaphobia) – Warm baked bread fresh from the oven, gentle wisps of bonfire smoke drifting through the frigid autumn air and smooth buttery caramel sprinkled with coarse black sea salt is your best bet in keeping them at bay.

Pumpkin Caramel Latte - frothy pumpkin latte with gooey caramel sauce and whipped cream with nutmeg sprinkled on top.

Smashed Pumpkins - The scent of decorated pumpkins and Jack o Lanterns strewn about smashed to pieces by mischievous children on Hallows Eve: Raw pumpkin flesh, pumpkin pulp, fresh crimson apples dripping with warm caramel, steaming hot buttered rum and sticky melted marshmallows. 

Toffee Apple Crunch - The aroma of granny smith apples with creamy, buttery caramel; dipped in crunchy toffee chips.

Witches Delight - Brimming with the true olfactory essence of the fall season! Soft buttery vanilla cookies dusted with orange and black sugar, fresh cranberries, blood orange oil, dark brown sugar, Turkish mocha whipped with shards of bitter almond, roasted hazelnuts tempered with a cool blast of iced vanilla.

The scents of my free samples per the site:

Cherry Cola Float - A frosted glass filled with ice cold cherry cola with waves of sliced wild black cherries and vanilla bean ice cream.

Midnight Hag - Tart Blackberries, Vanilla Bean Noel, and a splash of Spiritueuse Double Vanilla. 

Maple Bacon Cupcake - I am addicted to the food network’s cupcake wars, so I wanted to create my own version of this usual but tasty treat. Yummy mapley bacon cupcakes topped with buttercream frosting & bacon crumbles.


As you might be able to tell, I prefer sweet foodie scents when it comes to lotions. Cocoa Pink makes some of my favorite scents. Many of these I wouldn't wear as perfume, but I really like them as a lotion scent. I'm also a huge fan of their conditioners and I use those as a deep conditioning treatment in the shower. 

There are other scents I wanted to order, as I had yet to try some of the espresso and coffee based scents, but I couldn't spend like $70 on lotions and I think seven tubs of body butter will last me a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment