Monday, November 17, 2014

Subscription Addiction | October Boxycharm



Boxycharm, to me, is always impressive. It's worth WAY more than the $21 I pay for it. Yes, this is only my second month, but even without a beauty style profile or anything else, it's hit the nail on the head both times. There were a couple of things in the October Box that were kind of 'meh', but when it all comes down to it, this box is consistently worth $21 a month for one product alone, let alone the extra two or three I'm usually excited to try.

Product #1: Palmetto Derma Collagen Booster & Restoration Serum
So, this is full size. It's also worth $48. If I were ever to repurchase this, it would have to work freakin' MIRACLES. It doesn't. It does a good job. It makes my skin feel... not dry? I wouldn't say it does anything crazy, but I haven't really paid close attention to my wrinkly areas in order to give it more of a detailed review. So, I'll stick with "it's pretty good" for now and change that in a favorites post later if it blows me away.

Product #2: Coastal Scents Eclipse Concealer Palette
I'm really excited about this, actually. I'm trying to educate myself on the uses of more products other than "foundation, lipstick, eyeshadow, GO!" Look at this palette, though, guys. It's actually really impressive. I haven't had a chance to give it a try, but I really want to. Now that school and work are a tad bit less crazy, I can experiment a little! This seems like a useful product in general. Anyone could use it, I'm guessing, based on the variety of shades.

Product #3: Cult/Commerce X Boxycharm "Shady" collection
This is a black and purple nail polish duo set. The amount of deep purple shades I have in my collection is absurd. Not that it's not pretty, but I recently bought a similar shade of purple at New York and Company for like $2 on clearance. And I got one in a Beautybox5, if I'm not mistaken. Purple's my favorite color, don't get me wrong, but there IS such a thing as purple overload. I'll trade this one out.

Product #4: Be a Bombshell Eyehsadow
I can't find it at the moment but I think this was a pretty gray color that I will definitely wear. I'm just too lazy to go look for it and it's not sitting in my makeup train case that I have next to me. I haven't worn it yet, but I am excited to try it.

Product #5: Starlooks Ultra Gem Pencil 
I wasn't crazy about this shade to begin with, and I got it AGAIN in my Ipsy bag. Any other color other than OLIVE GREEN I'd be cool with. But, who knows? The swatch on the internet seems to be less ugly than I anticipated, but I'm still very very hesitant. Reggie? Want it?

All in all, Boxycharm continues to impress. If I have one "holy crap, awesome!" product in the box per month, it's worth it to me. The products are ALWAYS full-sized, and 90% of the time, they're crazy good.

1 comment:

  1. Well, since you have two of them, I won't say no! I have a few things to pass on to you also, so we should definitely think of doing a swap or something like that. I got one of the Starlooks pencils in MY Ipsy, but it was purple.

    I kind of want to do Boxycharm, but I think everyone gets the same things and most of the items I've been seeing just aren't up my alley. It's a really great value, but I don't think I'd use most of the things, like the concealer palette.

    ReplyDelete