Sunday, November 30, 2014

Ipsy | November Unbagging

I haven't really been impressed with Ipsy, but I haven't had enough bags to really axe it just yet. Jessica cancelled her subscription after three bags, so I figured I'd give it one more month and see if there are any redeeming products.

The one thing I hate about Ipsy is that there isn't a card to tell you what the products are and how much they cost like Birchbox does. In order to do these posts I have to look online and see what items where in my bag. I did look at the other samples and saw things I would have liked instead of these items, such as: Laura Mercier powder and fan brush, GlamGlow Powermud, IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye, and the Tarte Maracujua Oil.


Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine Hairspray: I haven't used hairspray in I can't tell you how long. However, I already had a hairspray that worked just fine. I don't understand their brands. Marc Anthony? Like Jennifer Lopez's husband Marc Anthony? The singer? He makes hairspray? Sure. Maybe I'll try it after my hair grows out past the ponytail only stage.

Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Eye Base in Submissive: This is actually the only thing I've used from my Ipsy bag. This is sort of like a paint pot, but it isn't as good. The color is nice, but it's sheer. All I do is rub my finger in the product and smooth it over my eyelid. It has so so staying power and isn't something I would purchase for myself.

Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil in Ultra Orchid: Can I just say thank GOD I didn't get this in the olive color that Jessica received in two different boxes? Thank God. I haven't even unwrapped this because I wasn't feeling like using a second eyeliner, but I'm sure this will be just okay. If it does suck, I'm sure I'll mention it again.

TEMPTU S/B Highlighter in Pink Pearl: I've only heard of Temptu through YouTube back when xSparkage used an airbrush machine. I think Jessica also received one of these a couple months ago, but I don't know if she used it. I'm not a huge liquid highlighter fan. I even have a Benefit Highbeam that I always consider using but just don't. The color looks exactly like my MAC Strobe Cream, so I will consider actually using it at some point.

Love & Beauty by Forever 21 Crème Lipstick in Berry: Sure. At least it isn't a sample size lipstick? The color is actually something I would actually wear, but I haven't done more than open it to see what it looks like. Maybe it's the fact that it's a Forever 21 lipstick? I don't know.


Anyway, this month was okay and the most irritating this was the fact that the goddamn hairspray was sticking out of my bag! Jesus Christ, Ipsy. How does something like this even happen? The bag wasn't even half sealed. I'm surprised this even made it to my mailbox with the hairspray intact.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't end up using that Temptu highlighter... it was a little too dark/orangey for me. And YAY for not getting that ugly ass olive color. I could see you pulling off an orchid color. I heard that Tarte is one of the brands in the December bag, so hopefully you'll be more impressed with that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excited about Tarte! I'm sure I'll actually wear the purple eyeliner, but it has glitter in it so I haven't reached for it yet.

      Delete