Thursday, April 16, 2015

Show and Tell | Makeup Brushes

This is not my entire collection of makeup brushes, but these are the brushes I keep where I do my makeup and I rotate between most of them. Some of these brushes I use every day and others I use only when I need them.


My beautyblender is what I use to apply my foundation and setting powder, so I'm going to consider these like a brush. I haven't used a brush to apply foundation in about a year and I don't think I'm going back.


My NARS Ita brush is one of those brushes that doesn't get used often. Sometimes I wonder if it was a mistake to purchase this brush, but I do use it when I feel like contouring. The only problem is that I don't have a specific contour powder that I like on myself, so I end up just bronzing instead.

The MAC 109 was a brush that I never used after buying it because I didn't like it. I bought it in conjunction with something else, so I was mad that I didn't care for it. Then, I decided I was going to use it for highlighter since it was a good size. After a bit, I found a better brush to highlight with and it fell to the wayside again. Something made me pick it up to use with bronzer instead of contour and I've been using it every day since.

This angled brush is what I use for a more contoured look with bronzer. Lately I've been favoring my 109 for any type of bronzing, so I haven't been using this as much. I think I may try applying blush with it because I see that on youtube.


I used to just apply powder with my Real Techniques Large Powder brush, but lately I've been using it to blend out my blush and bronzer. The shape really allows everything to be blended out nicely.

The Sigma f30 Large Powder used to be when I used for blended out, so I decided it deserved to be mentioned. I haven't reached for this lately, mainly because sometimes it sheds little black hairs on my face that I are difficult to get off. 

I only use the Bobbi Brown Face Blender brush when I my blush or bronzer is way too heavy handed or dark and I need to blend it out without my entire face looking streaky. This is a denser brush than The Sigma or Real Techniques, which is better for blending away than diffusing the color. 


I have two Sigma f50 stippling brushes, which are both used for blush. There's really no rhyme or reason as to which one is used, although I tend to use the black handled one in my NARS palette because the brush is a little smaller and works better in those pans. 

I use my Real Techniques setting brush to highlight and I prefer to use it that way than setting my undereye concealer. I find that the brush even diffuses Mary Lou-Manizer, which is my heaviest highlighter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment